Become a part of our expedition team
Would you like to work as expedition staff and deliver unforgettable experiences to our guests? Below you will find an extract of what qualities and requirements we aim for all our guides to have and comply with (based on working in the Arctic).
• Considerable experience with safe handling of zodiacs and possess a power boat certificate, for example RYA II.
• Adequate experience, training and practice with carrying, handling, cleaning and firing rifles (in Sweden a hunting licence is mandatory).
• A valid STCW-95 Basic Safety Training certificate including valid Seaman's Medical certificate and valid Seaman's Book
• Knowledge of and full acceptance of and compliance with AECO (Association of Arctic Expedition Cruise Operators) rules and guidelines. Please find further information on www.aeco.no.
• Insight into the different aspects of local natural and human history, including being able to deliver several relevant lectures and recaps.
• Dedication to conservation, protection and a minimal impact approach, including utmost respect for both wildlife and local communities.
• Dedication to safety at all times.
• Service mindedness and humility. You are there for the guests.
How to apply:
If you like to be considered as expedition staff, please send your application and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. We are fortunate to receive many applications for guide positions and will get back to you as soon as possible.