WE ARE HIRING: STAFF MANAGER
Join the leader of small ship expedition cruising in the Arctic!
PolarQuest operate four small ships* in Svalbard, Greenland, and Northern Norway. We take pride in our small groups, our customer service, and our aim to turn every traveller into a thoughtful ambassador of the Polar Region. We are now looking to expand our team with a Staff Manager who share our values.
Start: At your soonest convenience.
We require that you:
- Have experience from working as an Expedition Leader in the Polar Regions.
- Can contribute with extensive knowledge from the field.
- Are very safety oriented.
- Are a professional leader and have great people and communication skills.
- Speak very good English (and preferably also Scandinavian)
- Work well with digital tools. You need to have good knowledge of Outlook, Microsoft Office, Teams and Zoom.
- Being responsible for the guide schedule, ensuring we have well-organised guide teams meeting all requirements.
- Managing guide contracts, introductions, preparations, and follow-ups.
- Serving as the first point of contact for all guides.
- Continuously developing our guide teams and bridging gaps between the field and headquarters.
- Further developing our Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Guide Handbook.
Implementing our “Listening Culture.”
- Conducting presentations and preparing for staff meetings.
- Working closely with our Operations Team in preparation for the Arctic season.
- Collaborating with our Svalbard and Greenland coordinators and their teams.
Being present on board our ships/in the field.
Workplace - fieldwork - travel days:
- November to March, working remotely is an option, but please be aware that our headquarters work on Central European Time and we need to be working “in tandem”.
- You will help organizing and attend the annual staff seminar in Gothenburg in April.
- You will be working from the headquarters in Gothenburg minimum three weeks per year.
- During the Arctic season, it is an advantage to be partly stationed in Longyearbyen.
- You will be available to work as an EL on several of our departures in Greenland and/or Svalbard.
When working for PolarQuest you will:
- Be part of a professional, well-working team of 14 polar enthusiasts and conservationists.
- Notice that customer service, safety and five-star nature experiences are our top priorities.
- Experience a relaxed and open-minded atmosphere, and a rather flat organization with short decisions-making paths.
Contracted time and future possibilities:
- As per today, we can offer a 50% position (self-employed) as Staff Manager, i.e. approx. 20 hours per week from December 2023 to November 2024.
- Field work will be contracted and invoiced separately.
- Our aim is to offer a more long-term position, and for you to be an essential part of the PolarQuest team.
*PolarQuest operates the following vessels in the following areas:
Svalbard: M/S Stockholm (12 pax, 2 guides), M/S Sjøveien (12 pax, 2 guides) and M/S Quest (50 pax, 5 guides). Greenland: M/S Balto (12 pax and 2 guides). Northern Norway: M/S Stockholm (12 pax and 2 guides).
APPLICATION – STAFF MANAGER
Would you like to work as Staff Manager at PolarQuest? Please fill in below application form.
Please mention in Additional information that you are applying for the position as Staff Manager.